Tuesday, February 21, 2006

WAS CE 1.0.0.1 - a good looking update

I just installed version 1.0.0.1 of WebSphere Application Server Community Edition, which is based on Apache Geronimo v 1.0



The admin console for this release has had a significant revamp, with some nice icons added to the GUI. It has some very useful functionality (I like the log viewer in particular).

Unfortunately (and foolishly) I ignored the warning not to install over the top of an existing installation, and pressed Next after the installer had told me to choose an alternative install path or uninstall first. As a result, I lost my existing server configuration. Fortunately, it was trivial to redeploy the sample JMS application I've been playing with:

C:\WebSphere\CE\bin> deploy --user [user] --password [pword] deploy ..\samples\jmssimple\sender.war

Sadly, I haven't had a chance to try out the Eclipse plugin yet... but this looks like a nice step forward.

Technorati tags:

No comments: