Sunday, January 01, 2006

A new year dawns


Snow games
Originally uploaded by andyp uk.
Actually it started nearly 24 hours ago. Happy New Year, glad to have you as one of my readers

We had a great time out in the mountains yesterday, just walking and admiring the views. Since then things have thawed a lot - temperature around 4C today, it is amazing how quickly the snow is disappearing considering how much of it there was. I'm just not used to such things.

In the past three days I've read three books by Terry Pratchett: The Colour of Magic, The Light Fantastic and Equal Rites. I recently read Mort, and it re-awakened a long-lost interest in Pratchett... I'd read The Colour of Magic when in my teens, loved it, but never read any others. Now I'm almost desperate to dive straight into the next one in the Discworld series. Very funny, and an easy read, perfect in my case for holidays and time out. In case you've no idea what I'm on about, here are some Amazon links:



Ho well. Back to Blighty soon...

Technorati tags:

No comments: